Cycling is an individual sport offering men's, women's and AWD events.
The following disciplines are contested for both men's and women's team:
- Road Race
- Individual Time Trial
- Pairs Time Trial
Cycling is not a qualification sport at the Australian University Games.
Please find the route maps for cycling here.
2017 Competition timetable*:
- Tuesday 26 September: Road Race - 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Wednesday 27 September: Team Time Trial - 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Thursday 28 September: Individual Time Trial - 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday 29 September: Criterium - 9:00am - 12:00pm
*timetable is subject to change.
A notice of race for local residents can be found here
Venue (Road Race/ Time Trial): Dulguigan Rd, Murwillumbah
Address (Road Race/ Time Trial): Dulguigan Rd, Murwillumbah.
Venue (Criterium): Gold Coast Cycling Centre
Address (Criterium): 8 Hope St, Nerang QLD 4211.
Duties & Uniform
Australian University Sport (AUS) conducts its competitions under the official playing rules and regulations implemented by the national sporting organisation for that sport. However, AUS events are unique and hence there are often variations that are implemented.
Uniform and duty requirements are addressed in the relevent sport rules.
The following supplements are available and should be read in conjunction with the relevant sport rule:
Squad Size Supplement (2016)
Game Times Summary (2016)
Whether it’s surfing, swimming or simply sunbaking, the Gold Coast offers 21 patrolled beaches along its 57 kilometres of pristine coastline. For those who love nature, head inland to the Hinterland brimming with walking tracks, rock pools and waterfalls.
There’s a range of things to do in what has been christened Australia’s capital of fun. Away from the bush and the beach, spend action-packed days at the world’s best theme parks, each with their own distinct personalities, stroll through tourist shops or high-end stores, enjoy the vibrant nightlife and indulge in a variety of entertainment. Attracting world-class chefs, you’ll find incredible dining in this destination.
• Learn to surf or stand-up paddleboard like a champion
• Scream with joy at one of the many theme parks
• Head to the Hinterland and indulge in nature
• Indulge in a spot of shopping at one of the many centres, malls or markets
• Eat some fresh seafood straight from the trawlers
• Transition from land to sea on an Aquaduck Safari
• Hang glide off a mountain or jump out of a plane
• Watch world-class surfing off the points at the southern beaches
• Indulge in a luxurious day spa and fine dining
If you’re after local tips on where to stay, best places to eat and everything in between head to the Gold Coast Destination website.
For travel ideas, itineraries & more, check out the Queensland Blog Gold Coast website for inspiration.