Hockey is a team sport across men's and women's competitions. Registration requires a minimum squad size of fourteen (14) and a maximum of eighteen (18) players, including no more than three (3) cross accredited players. There must be a minimum of seven (7) players on the field to avoid incurring a forfeit.
Hockey is a qualification sport in the women's competition at the Australian University Games and requires teams to qualify via their regional university games event.
The men's hockey competition is not a qualification sport at the Australian University Games and as such teams do not need to qualify at their regional university games event.
Format will include pool and progression matches. Final competition formats will be decided following the close of entries.
2017 Competition timetable*:
Keith Hunt Park:
- Monday 25 September - 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 26 September - 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 27 September - 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 28 September - 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 29 September - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sport Super Centre:
- Monday 25 September - 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 26 September - 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 27 September - 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 28 September - 10:00am - 9:00pm
*timetable is subject to change, please check back regularly for updates.
Duties & Uniform
Australian University Sport (AUS) conducts its competitions under the official playing rules and regulations implemented by the national sporting organisation for that sport. However, AUS events are unique and hence there are often variations that are implemented.
Uniform and duty requirements are addressed in the relevent sport rules.
The following supplements are available and should be read in conjunction with the relevant sport rule:
Squad Size Supplement (2016)
Game Times Summary (2016)