Softball is a team sport offering a women's competition. Registration requires a minimum squad size of ten (10) and a maximum of sixteen (16) players, including no more than three (3) cross accredited players. There must be a minimum of eight (8) players on the field to avoid incurring a forfeit.
Softball is not a qualification sport at the Australian University Games and as such teams do not need to qualify at their regional university games event.
Format will include pool and progression matches. Final competition formats will be decided following the close of entries.
2017 Competition timetable:
- Monday 25 September - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 26 September - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday 27 September - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday 28 September - 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 29 September - 8:00am - 4:30pm
Duties & Uniform
Australian University Sport (AUS) conducts its competitions under the official playing rules and regulations implemented by the national sporting organisation for that sport. However, AUS events are unique and hence there are often variations that are implemented.
Uniform and duty requirements are addressed in the relevent sport rules.
The following supplements are available and should be read in conjunction with the relevant sport rule:
Squad Size Supplement (2016)
Game Times Summary (2016)
Whether it’s surfing, swimming or simply sunbaking, the Gold Coast offers 21 patrolled beaches along its 57 kilometres of pristine coastline. For those who love nature, head inland to the Hinterland brimming with walking tracks, rock pools and waterfalls.
There’s a range of things to do in what has been christened Australia’s capital of fun. Away from the bush and the beach, spend action-packed days at the world’s best theme parks, each with their own distinct personalities, stroll through tourist shops or high-end stores, enjoy the vibrant nightlife and indulge in a variety of entertainment. Attracting world-class chefs, you’ll find incredible dining in this destination.
• Learn to surf or stand-up paddleboard like a champion
• Scream with joy at one of the many theme parks
• Head to the Hinterland and indulge in nature
• Indulge in a spot of shopping at one of the many centres, malls or markets
• Eat some fresh seafood straight from the trawlers
• Transition from land to sea on an Aquaduck Safari
• Hang glide off a mountain or jump out of a plane
• Watch world-class surfing off the points at the southern beaches
• Indulge in a luxurious day spa and fine dining
If you’re after local tips on where to stay, best places to eat and everything in between head to the Gold Coast Destination website.
For travel ideas, itineraries & more, check out the Queensland Blog Gold Coast website for inspiration.